Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a prayer of strength over me

John 11-21

One of the things I have found to be very beneficial and is now something I look for throughout the scriptures, are prayers that the writer has written out as he has spoken them over the reader. I have fallen in love with these types of prayers because of the power that rests in them and the amount of revelation that is accompanied with them.

Often times these prayers seem to add an even more personal touch to the passage I am reading, as if Jesus or Paul or any of the other writers are standing with me in my situation praying a prayer of strength over me and reminding me of my true identity as a Son of the Most High God.

Recently I had another one of these experiences where I came across a prayer and so identified with it that I made it my own. It is found in John 17:

Father, You granted Your Son Jesus authority over all people that He might give eternal life to all those You have given Him. Now this is eternal life: that we may KNOW You the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You sent…. Holy Father, protect us by the power of Your name – the name You gave Your Son – so that we, Your people, may be one as You and Your Son are one….so that we may have the full measure of Your joy within us…. Sanctify us by the truth…. May we also be in You so that the world may know that You sent Your Son Jesus. You have given us the glory that You gave Your Son. May we be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You have loved us… Your Son has made You known to us, and will continue to make You known in order that the love You have for us may be in us and that Your Son may be in us.


Today's Blogger: Rob Hagstrom


Tomorrow's Text: 2 Tim.; 1 John; 2 John; 3 John; Jude

0 comments:

Post a Comment