Monday, September 6, 2010

"be a man"


Mark 1:1-11:33

"Be a Man" had always been my motto. The idea that I can do anything and everything gave me a lot of scars, aches and pains. Many of us have grown up in a country where we self make ourselves, weakness is looked down on, failure is not an option. We honor those who have no known weaknesses or flaws, but this is completely contrary to what Christ taught us.


Christ's message was about humility. I remember after a mistake that was made Pastor Mike Cavanaugh sent me an email that said, “perfection is not our aim, humility is.” This is what Paul was told after pleading with the Lord three times to remove a thorn in the flesh, “But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.” 2 Corinthians 12:9


When we don’t try to hide our weakness or be something that we are not, we actually see Christ glorified in our lives. When we try to cover up our weaknesses in our own strength we actually diminish the access to Christ's power in our lives. God is not looking for the healthy - Jesus actually said He didn’t come for the healthy but the sick. God desires for us to call out to Him in our weakness, so He can help us. If we don’t recognize our weakness we can’t recognize our need for Him.


My challenge for you today is to call out to God for help in your weak areas, whether it be your marriage, your job, your finances, your sickness, any area you may be lacking faith in, and let’s see His power made perfect in our lives.


Today's Blogger: Pastor Seth Goodson


Tomorrow's Text: Mark 12:1-16:20; James; Galatians

0 comments:

Post a Comment