Tuesday, September 20, 2011


One of the commentaries I read on Radical stated, “This is a book you will want to put down.” Now, that is an unusual comment, right? Most authors would not even want something like this published for the public to read because it just does not sell books! However, the author (David Platt) had no problem putting this comment alongside some of the other glowing comments he received on his book. Why?


I can’t tell you his specific reasoning as to why he allowed that comment to be published, but I can tell you my thoughts about it. First, it’s simply true! There are portions of this book that make you flat out uncomfortable. Second, I know of another book I (at times) want to put down. Yes, you guessed it – the Bible. It too makes me terribly uncomfortable. However, I am not going to put that book down, nor did I leave David’s book sitting long. There is no doubt about it, both books will make you uncomfortable, but as Peter once said, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know you are the Holy One of God.”


So, go on, pick it up! Yes, it will cost you everything, but ask yourself this question, “What was really mine to begin with?”


- This blog was written by Eric Scott as part of the Radical Series. Eric is the Care Pastor at Elim Gospel Church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment