Wednesday, February 9, 2011

another man down.

It is a good day to be alive. It was a good day to be born. It's a good day for another man down.

Today marks a new season in my life as I turn 30 years old.

One of my mentors taught me the tradition of having a personal moment each birthday to reflect and number my days.


Moses prayed in Psalm 90 that the Lord would give him wisdom to number his days with a heart of wisdom.
I'll talk some of that too Lord.

I have a special canister in my office that holds a bunch of wooden chess pieces.
Each birthday I "retire" one of those chess pieces symbolizing the passing of another year. It's not a somber downer, but rather a chance to intentionally thank the Lord for the previous year and envision the next.

My life is far from trial free but I do have more blessings that I can count.

If you want to send any kind of blessing my way to help celebrate my birthday, I'd love it if you took one minute to do something....

Pray this life verse over me and my family.

Ask the Lord to enable me to walk out these promises in 2011 in a greater measure than we ever have.

Psalm 25:12-14
12
Who, then, are those who fear the LORD? (fresh love and AWE of God!)
He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.
(destiny)
13 They will spend their days in prosperity,
(prosperity)
and their descendants will inherit the land.
(legacy)
14 The LORD confides in those who fear him;
he makes his covenant known to them.
(intimacy)


Join the conversation with a comment:
Do you have any special birthday traditions?

What is the craziest birthday gift someone has ever given you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment